Business Development Manager
|Title:||Business Development Manager|
|ID:||RF - 1/13|
DescriptionAmphenol RF is a global leader which designs, manufacturers and markets interconnect solutions worldwide. Our complete range of interconnect solutions are used in the Automotive, Broadband, Wireless LAN/RFID, Wireless Infrastructure, Military, Aerospace, and Instrumentation markets. Our solutions range from connectors to cable assemblies to passive RF components, such as attenuators and RF switches. These products transform our ways of interconnecting in a global economy. Whether creating IED detection systems to eliminate road side bombs, developing better medical imaging systems for earlier detection, or improving in-vehicle security, communications and diagnostic systems; Amphenol is taking the lead and making a difference. Amphenol RF is headquartered in Danbury, Connecticut. It is a division of Amphenol Corporation (NYSE ticker: APH) a leader in the industry for more than 50 years.
POSITION OVERVIEW FOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER: EXPERIENCE IN PROGRAM MANAGEMENT, PRODUCT MARKETING, ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT AND TECHNICAL SALES
This position has responsibility for developing new business initiatives for the RF market and leading the company's efforts in growing revenue generated by these initiatives. The BDM will be expected to successfully maintain relationship with outside customers as well as the full range of internal departments involved in the business cycle in order to ensure the success of the growth strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
SOFT SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Identify developing markets, identify new potential customers and visit new potential customers as required to generate RF opportunities.
- Develop overall business model, implement short /long term strategies to penetrate target accounts and new markets to bring in new business and incremental revenue.
- Select new Channels when necessary and segment target customers
- Develop comprehensive knowledge and data on selected new markets, including trends, competition and products; and direct implementation and execution of new business strategies and practices.
- Maintain contact with all high potential customers visiting as often as deemed necessary to develop relationships and cultivate opportunities.
- Lead and/or participate in negotiating with key customers regarding contract terms and conditions.
- Act as the bridge between product development /sales and engineering; and work with production when necessary to roll out new products effectively.
- Coordinate all regional activities with regional sales, marketing and engineering teams associated with the design and development of any new application specific connector solutions.
- Confer with the internal personnel to determine changes and improvements in design, pricing or policy.
- Rationalize current product line offerings, recommending additions and deletions and collaborate with distribution marketing to increase channel penetration.
- Prepare regular and special reports, presenting development progress during bi-annual sales meetings.
- Assist in order budgeting and projecting orders on a monthly basis.
- Control expenses and budgets
- Ability to travel when necessary (30-50% min.)
- Perform any other jobs/functions as requested by the General Manager
Bachelor of Science degree preferred, MBA a plus. (5-10) years work experience in a fast paced, highly competitive global manufacturing environment; Strong finance course work and demonstrated technical aptitude Some industry related experience, plus (3-5) years proven track record in territorial sales/marketing/new business development. Demonstrated ability as hunter and closer. Proficient computer skills are also required.
Amphenol RF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
- Highly focused and results-oriented; able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages. Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team.
- Possess exceptional communication/interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills at both a strategic and functional level.
- Effective time management and project management skills are necessary to be successful
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications