Financial Analyst/Cost Accountant
|Title:||Financial Analyst/Cost Accountant|
|ID:||RF - 8/13|
DescriptionFINANCIAL ANALYST/COST ACCOUNTANT
Amphenol, the world leader in the design, manufacture and supply of RF interconnect systems for the automotive, broadband, instrumentation, internet, military/aerospace and wireless infrastructure markets is seeking a dedicated Financial Analyst/Cost Accountant for our global RF and Microwave Group.
To assemble and analyze accounting information and data; prepare journal entries, financial statements and reports; maintain or oversee reconciliation of accounts. Operate General Ledger & Financial Systems.
EDUCATION and SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Compilation and distribution of reports to Amphenol Corporate and Amphenol RF’s management team.
- Prepare financial reports such as financial statements, tax package, government census reports, property tax returns, quarterly sales reports & yearend reports.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Analyze various balance sheet accounts.
- Assists in budget and annual standard cost preparation.
- Participates in Amphenol Corporation Internal SOX Audits.
- Prepares appropriation requests and Maintains Fixed Asset system as well as responsible for cycle count of fixed assets.
- Assist in maintaining and processing XA general ledger system.
- Responsible for maintaining the Standard costing system and setting new standards annually.
- Prepares monthly schedules for management in regards to variance analysis.
- Interfaces with IT on systems and with management on various reporting requirements.
- Determines and implements cost accounting procedures and methods. Responsible for the preparation and analysis of cost reports and costing audits.
- Partner with individual departments to increase understanding of costing procedures and methods for increased costing accuracy
- Performed root cause analysis, item master, bill of material, and labor routing audits to ensure standard cost accuracy and completeness.
- Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures cost data is allocated correctly.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on inventory valuation, production and various other costs.
- Participate in special projects as requested.
- Provides support to department as needed.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- May include additional duties as assigned
- Minimal travel may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting plus four (4) to six (6) years of Financial Analysis experience required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel required.
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel to include Pivot Tables.
Requires attention to detail, accuracy, organizational and time management skills.
Demonstrated ability to problem solve, take initiative, work under pressure and handle high volume workload.
Working knowledge of accounting practices and principles used in large organizations.
Amphenol RF is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications